Here at All About Water AZ, we know that water isn’t always the easiest thing to conserve. Whether you’re looking to reduce your monthly energy bills, take that next step toward helping the environment, or accomplish any combination of the two, monitoring (and decreasing!) your water usage can sometimes be just plain tricky.
Because the professionals at All About Water Arizona know that water conservation can help you not only save money, but also save our natural resources, we’ve come up with a list of 5 easy steps to help you conserve water:
- Turn off that faucet: This one’s an easy one – instead of letting the water run while you’re brushing your teeth, washing your hands, or doing the nightly dishes, turn it off when you’re not immediately using it. Instead of watching your excess water go down the drain right before your eyes, you’ll be able to start conserving it on a routine basis!
- Skip the veggie shower: After bringing home produce from the grocery store, replace your fruits and veggie cleaning method. Instead of holding them under running water, fill a pan or bowl with water and wash them on your counter. You’ll be saving gallons (and dollars!) by limiting your running water usage.
- Check for leaky pipes: Though we’ve discussed the importance of making sure your pipes aren’t leaking before, this step is a crucial one when dedicating yourself to saving water and money. Leaking pipes mean that your pipes aren’t doing their job, and that you’re paying for water that you aren’t even using. Make it a monthly habit to check your pipes for any potential problems.
- Take a shower break: If you’re really dedicated to conserving water, try taking a break during your shower. By turning off the water while you wash your hair, you could save up to 150 gallons a month. By turning it off while you shave, you could save up to 300!
- Try a toilet trick: Drop just a few drops of food coloring into your toilet tank. If you see it reappear into your toilet bowl, you might just have a leak. You may want to consider calling in an All About Water AZ professional to help you fix it.
By implementing these 5 small steps into your routine, you can save time, money, and water in the long run! For more tips and tricks on how to conserve water, call and speak with one of our All About Water Arizona trained professionals, or visit us online at http://ecowateraz.com/!